Thursday, April 19, 2007

That's my favorite

Elijah has a new love...it's called Gramma and Grandpa's big TV. Not only does it have a clear signal (we don't have cable, so we play with an antenna), it has Treehouse TV anytime of the day. Max and Ruby, the Backyardigans, Thomas, Bob the Builder, Franklin and Miffy. Elijah's world was opened up past the videos we borrow from the library. Now that we are home, how do I meet this entertainment fix for my son? Well now that our internet is fixed (we haven't had it since we've been home this past week and a bit), we have discovered treehousetv.com which has a link for TV clips that fortunate for me I can play and check my email at the same time. Currently playing are the Backyardigans (or the Backyard Kids according to Elijah). There's a whole TV culture out there that I had no idea about. There was no such thing as preschool TV when I was a kid...I have some fond memories of Sesame Street, Mr. Dressup and the Friendly Giant...but it was not 24 hours a day, 7 days a week solid. I'm kinda glad we don't have cable...I'd rather he get his energy out and play. Remember play? It's what kids did before kidtv and video games. Did you know that the biggest growing video game market is for the under 3 crowd? Rediculous really. And that's today's rant.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Did you know that US Pediatric Assoc have issued a warning that it is harmful for kids under 2 yr of age to watch tv/dvd. It has been found to actually change the brain somehow. Scary, eh?
I love hearing about young moms like you who actually believe in play.
Baby Einstein people sure suck us in, don't they?

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP