Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nostalgia


I've been reading Ramona the Pest to Elijah. Today's chapter was Ramona's Engagement Ring, it rains a lot in that chapter. The combination of the description of the Oregon Rain plus the memories of reading that book as a kid had me longing for my BC home roots. Do you ever have that wave of memories just overtake you. It's more of a feeling inside than anything else.
Later today we were in the car driving in thick Toronto traffic. Elijah had me telling them 'true' stories (as opposed to the 3 little pigs that Jeremy had me telling). He loves hearing stories about when Mom was a kid. Tonight I told him about hiking when we lived in Sechelt at "Krissy's Cove and Jeffrey's Point" - I also told him about the pets I had growing up, and what it was like to live in a place where it rained a lot. It's funny thinking how they don't really know the places where I lived most of my life, but then they have their own fond memories of places we've taken them on the east coast. My talking about hiking on the Sunshine Coast had them talking about hiking at the Nature Park in Saint John.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP