Saturday, January 26, 2008

Big Wheel Keep on Turning, Proud Mary Keep on Burning

I've had this song in my head since about 12noon today...the 5th time I'd changed clothes since about 3am. Yes, you guessed it, I'm dealing with a sick child. He'd also had his clothes changed about 5 times. The sick child in question was not Elijah (he had his turn earlier this week, and it didn't hit him as hard)...no the sick child this time is baby Jeremy. Poor little guy! He's never been sick like this before and nothing will tear your heart out more than a sick baby. He just looks up with this tired face and pitiful eyes questioning, what's going on? I know little guy, you have no idea, you just want your mama and you want to feel better.
So why Proud Mary? I just started to change the words, instead of Rolling Down the River, I'm just Rolling with the punches...you get into a bit of a sick routine, get the baby into the bathroom as fast as possible, let him empty everything out, wipe him up, change clothes for me, change clothes for him...clean everything up, and continue doing laundry, again.
The poor little guy is sleeping now, looking for a brighter day tomorrow.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP