Tuesday, April 15, 2008

messy, messy, messy

I made a HUGE error in judgement yesterday, while putting Jeremy down for his afternoon nap, I too fell asleep. This really shouldn't equal a problem except that Jeremy and I slept for 2 hours. Elijah's Backyardigan's DVD is only an hour and a half (or thereabouts). Somewhere in the midst of him being hungry and seeking out some raisins in the kitchen cupboard, he decided to choose an apple instead. He also decided that the apple needed to be facepainted.
I don't exactly know the path of his 3 year old logic from there...needless to say I woke up to not only facepainted apples (with all of the food coloring poured out of the dye bottles) but also shaving cream everywhere in the bathroom and kitchen eating area. Yes, this mess spread over 2 rooms. He told me he needed a shave.
I don't even know where to begin describing what I saw. I really didn't even know where to start with him and keep Jeremy out of it all.
I did wade through it all. It took about an hour to clean it all up and get everything back in order (including bleaching out my new, white bathmat). I thought about taking pictures to record it all, but I really didn't want to encourage a repeat episode in any way, shape or form. Elijah did feel the sting of his actions too. His logical consequence?... he had to buy Daddy a new can of shaving cream out of his own saved up money.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP