Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

So I'm one of those annoying people that knows stuff. Random stuff. My husband hates playing any sort of trivia game with me because he says I turn into a completely different person (all competitive). Anyways, I read an article this week on how Canadians really don't know a lot about their own country. Most of the questions seemed like they should know it, but I'm not really surprised at the ignorance. I teach children and I've gotten over the shock of them not knowing their provinces, because they never do. I do have a song to help them learn them of course (you knew that was coming). So here's my own Canada Day trivia quiz. Just 10 questions long. I'll post the answers in the comments section. Let me know how you did (no googling!)

1. It is currently 2009. How old is Canada this year?
2. How many territories are in Canada? Name them.
3. How many provinces are in Canada? Name them.
4. What is the capital city of Canada?
5. Who was the first Prime Minister of Canada?
6. Who is the current Prime Minister of Canada?
7. Who was the first Canadian to win an Academy Award?
8. What is Canada's newest province?
9. What is Canada's official national sport?
10. What was the last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup?

For some fun Canadian reading take a look at Why I Hate Canadians by Will Ferguson and How to Be A Canadian (also by Will Ferguson and his brother Ian Ferguson). They are really interesting and really funny. Very Canadian.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

1. 142
2. 3 - Yukon, Northwest and Nunavut
3. 10 - British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland
4. Ottawa
5. Sir John A. McDonald
6. Stephen Harper
7. Mary Pickford
8. Newfoundland
9. Lacrosse
10. Montreal Canadiens (1993)

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP