Saturday, March 20, 2010

the Write Way

I've toyed with the idea of writing books, or a book for a lot of years...seriously a lot, probably since I was about 8 and was first recognized as having some sort of creative writing talent. So far, I haven't pursued it. (these blogs are my outlet for writing). I've certainly been inspired and written down ideas, characters, settings, conflicts, plot outlines. I even completed a first chapter once, but that's as far as it's gone. Lately, I've been wondering if I should do something more. But how? How do you go beyond ideas? Do you outline and then write? Or, do you just go for it, get it all out of you and see where it takes you?
I know, or I've heard that your own life experience is the best way to go - write what you know - and there is a time in my life I'd like to write about. In some ways it wa the worst year of my life and others the best, because it led to the best in my life. Maybe I should take from that?
I would love to do what Francine Rivers does, write well and for the glory of God. Could that be in my future? Or, maybe I'm just daydreaming again...we'll see.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP