Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The perfect drink

I was thinking last night how tea has to be the most perfect drink. There is nothing like a cup of tea to relax with. First thing in the morning I plug the kettle in for a cup to start my day. In the evening I plug the kettle in again to have a cup to unwind with. People are particular about how they like their tea. I'm a black tea kind of girl - Red Rose Orange Pekoe for the everyday, Murchies Empress Afternoon for special occassions. I take it with lots of milk, and one and a bit sugars. And not in a little teacup either, that's just a sip. We have these wonderful big mugs to use so I can sit down and enjoy it, not jump up right away to refill my cup. There's an art to getting tea right. I have wonderful memories of going to my Auntie Suzanne's for tea. She always made the best tea...got it just right. Some people make it too strong and it leaves a bitter taste, even with the sugar. My teapot takes 2 teabags for steeping...I don't know why people would throw in more, it just spoils it. I know the one thing Jonathan would change about me if he could would be that I would be a coffee drinker, I'm not. I don't like regular coffee (I know, a lot of you think that's the perfect drink). But pass me a cup of tea and I'm a happy girl.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Mmm . . . I have so many good memories of tea in your basement suite in Abbotsford, Kris. Tea is good.

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP