Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who would you have dinner with?

Simple question right? or maybe not. This was a question I posed to my grade 7's in an introduction lesson. If you could have dinner with any 4 people who ever lived, who would you choose?
At first they couldn't believe that I wasn't specifying music related folk. Anybody was acceptable. Of course getting them to say music related folk was my whole point. But they didn't need to know that. I was genuinely interested in who they would say.
The lists were interesting. They ranged from sports heroes (Alexander Ovechkin) to politicians (Abe Lincoln, Barack Obabma, King Henry V) to writers (Shakespeare, Stephenie Meyer) to actors (Meryl Streep, Robert Pattinson) to Bible Heroes (Adam and Eve, Moses) to real people they know. Some picted historical figures such as Rosa Parks and others picked talk show hosts like Ellen. The musical figures ranged from Beethoven to Jessica Simpson (remember that I'm having 12 year old boys answer this question).
So who would I pick? Ohhh, I don't even know if I could answer my own question. I think I would pick the apostle John, King Henry VIII, Elvis Presley and Oprah Winfrey. They are all people whose lives have fascinated me. Who would you pick?

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP