Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How time flies

This past couple of weeks I've been working on a music from around the world unit with my grade 6 and 7's. As part of the introduction, I've been playing music by different artists from around the world who are either very popular in their own country or who have had success around the world. THey have to figure out what country the musician is from and bonus marks for knowing the song and artist. Some of them the kids know like Great Big Sea (Canada), Shakira (Columbia - though they had a more difficult time with the country), & Bob Marley (Jamaica). Some of them are new to the kids like Freshly Ground (South Africa), Se7en (South Korea) and Yothu Yindi (Australia). What caught me was the music that they don't know because I think it should be so obvious until I start thinking about how old they are and how old the song is. Like Beautiful Day by U2 (2000) and La Copa De La Vida by Ricky Martin (1998) - really? These songs are that old? I can't believe it.
Here's a little nostalgia for you:



No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP