Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Welcome to the other side

I have been looking forward to and dreading tomorrow. Tomorrow is Elijah's first day of school...kinda. It is a practice day. He will join 7 other little ones for an hour getting to be in kindergarten, and I tell you I'm nervous. He's as excited as anything. I know what these days are like. Heck, I've led these days. I've just never been the parent before. I've never had to say good bye at the door. I've never had to wonder how my kid is doing. I've never had to wonder what notes are being taken on him. I've never had to wonder about a teacher's opinion. And I tell you it's driving me crazy. I know he'll be alright. I just want to know the rest of the story. I want to know everything that happens. I want to take my baby by the hand and lead him through. But I can't. Tomorrow is my turn to let him go (just for an hour, thank goodness), but I can't help but wonder if I'm like this for a one hour practice session, what am I going to be like in September for the real thing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he did well!

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP