Saturday, June 16, 2007

And on with gardening

I've now learned what a daunting task weeding can be. I actually don't know how to tell the difference between what is supposed to be growing in there and what isn't...at first. Now, some things are becoming clear so...I'm weeding around what I know and leaving the rest. It is actually quite relaxing if I look at it a little bit at a time and not the whole garden, which becomes overwhelming and makes me want to give up altogether. There's something about the repetitiveness of it, sitting there with the baby in my lap that I enjoy. Knowing that I'm actually growing real vegetables is exciting too. We ate green onions from the garden last week! I know that we are growing peas, beans, lettuce, tomatoes and herbs successfully too...we'll see about the rest in time.

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP