Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We have this theory...

One of the top 'surprise hit' movies to come out this month is the remake of Escape to Witch Mountain, Race to Witch Mountain. I am not surprised. In fact this is the first movie with "the Rock" that I've ever wanted to see. Why? Because I loved the original. It was one of my favorite movies as a kid. It also confirms a theory that Jonathan and I have about movie making today. They are catering to our generation. Jonathan first started talking about this with the X-Men movies. What better way to bring in an audience than to make these comic books into movies. You already have a set of fans ready (provided you do it well). And it worked. 3 X-Men movies later (plus a movie about Wolverine all ready to hit the screen this summer). Last summer's Transformers is another example of this. What 30ish person didn't play with these when they were younger? And what's coming next? GI Joe will be out this summer. Even I played GI Joe as a kid. When you begin to think about it, it isn't just that they are catering to us, it's also that it is our generation taht is making these things. What a kid's dream come to true to make your childhood play come to life on the big screen! I wonder what else will make the trip?

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP