Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I've been creative

This is the little taggie blankie I made for Olivia the other night.  I used stuff I already had.  The blankie part is two pieces of the pink chenille I had leftover from the little quilt I made her.  The ribbon is from piles of ribbon that I've kept just in case.  This was really easy to do.  I cut the chenille into two equal sizes and then put them together so the 'good' sides were facing each other.  I then cut 10 pieces of different ribbons into different lengths (about 3-4 inches each).  I folded each ribbon in half and then sandwiched the fold inside the fabric, leaving a tail out.  The tails I folded over the fabric on each side and pinned on.  I then sewed around the edges of the blankie, making sure to reinforce the ribbons.  I left a 2 inch hole and started to turn the blankie out to the good side.  It was then that I realised that I had pinned the ribbons backwards.  So here marks the first time my seam ripper came in handy.  I took out all the thread that was holding in the offending ribbons.  Re-folded (correctly this time), reinserted and sewed it all together again.  This time when I turned the blankie out, it looked great.  I sewed the opening shut and decided to go around the whole thing once more to give it a finished look.  The result I think is cute and more importantly, Olivia loves it!

No comments:

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP